Singam 4 (also known as Extended as Si4 or S4) is a 2022 Indian Tamil-language action film written and directed by Hari. A sequel to Singam 3 (February 09, 2017), Singam 2 (July 05, 2013) and Singam (May 28, 2010) the fourth film in the Singam film series, it stars Suriya Sivakumar and Anushka Shetty (are both of whole reprised their roles in the first four films), while Shruti Haasan (who previously played a lead role), plays a cameo role in this series along with Rahul Dev, Keerthy Suresh, Cochin Haneefa and Jayam Ravi in the lead roles. It is the fifth collaboration of Suriya and Hari. The film occurs a few months after Singam 01, 02 and 03 the story is about a murder Jayam Ravi who killed 68 kids at India so the police department tried to kill him what will work to kill him? Jayam Ravi and Rahul Dev playing as the main antagonist of the film.
- Singam 4 poster.jpg
- Theatrical release poster
- Directed by Hari
- Produced by K. E. Gnanavel Raja
- Dhaval Jayantilal Gada
- Written by Hari
- Suriya Sivakumar: July 23, 1975 - present
- Anushka Shetty: November 07, 1981 - present
- Keerthy Suresh: October 17, 1992 - present
- Rahul Dev: September 27, 1968 - present
- Cochin Haneefa: April 22, 1951 - February 02, 2010
- Jayam Ravi: September 10, 1980 - present
- Music by Harris Jayaraj
- Cinematography Priyan
- Edited by V. T. Vijayan
- Production company
- Think Music India and Studio Green
- Pen Movies Aadnah Arts
- Distributed by King Mohan Inc.
- Release Date: January 14, 2022 (Thai Pongal) 
- Running time 152 minutes
- Country India
- Language Tamil
- Box office ₹110 crore
- Promo Date: September 24, 2021
Singam arrives in Shreekumar station, he fends off an attack from goon Gun Luigi, who works for Shreekumar's most influential and powerful don Devaraj Rowdy Singam is followed by Saranya, a journalist in guise of a student hoping to write a story on Singam. Singam had previously covered his relationship with his wife Kavya Mahalingam to keep her away from enemies, and after curiosity from Constable Mr. Ball-Legs, he closes it as a divorce, revealing it only to Inspector William Haasan.
After briefly confronting Rajapandi, Rowdy's man who ordered the attack at the train station, Singam finds that a constable at the station has gotten sick from consuming an expired medicine tablet. With help from a paroled hacker named Murali, Singam tracks Mallaiya who drove Velladurai to Shreekumar harbour on the night of the murder. A local schoolteacher informs Singam that a toxic smoke attack from the nearby dump killed his 64 students, including his grand-daughter. Singam realizes that Velladurai intended to expose illegal dumping of mediwaste and electronic waste, which included recycled tablets being sold to the public and the smoke attack on the school. The garbage is being imported by Velladurai Scraps owner Shreekumar in exchange for free metal scrap delivery to steel companies in Australia. Mallaiya confirms that Rowdy, who authorizes this business in India killed Velladurai to prevent him from thwarting his operation. Both Rowdy and Shreekumar's activities are supervised from by wealthy steel businessman Dragon Palace, who receives full support from his father, Union Minister Velladurai Prasad. In the meantime, Saranya writes an article on Singam claiming that he exported Rowdy for personal gain and that he is corrupt, putting Singam's reputation at edge. Singam begins to eliminate and arrest criminals all over the city, including Selvam whom he guns down. Later on, he heads to Shreekumar harbour to obtain evidence from Reddy's containers but is attacked by his men while Velladurai murders the school teacher. Dragon Palace calls Singam anonymously and threatens to use his influence to kill Singam's family if he doesn't stand down.
The next day, Singam chases down Velladurai and arrests Rowdy. He pays a personal visit to Dragon in Australia from looking into Rowdy's contacts, and confirms that he's the one behind the illegal dumping. He narrowly escapes Dragon and returns to India, where he finds that Rowdy has been bailed by three criminals who framed the Commissioner for supposed sexual assault on one of their wives, and justify the murder as revenge. Singam is also fired from the CBI for speaking out of turn, and has Saranya pay a fine for discrediting him. Singam has the home minister transfer him as a cop in Velladurai to continue pursuing Rowdy's men. He exposes the garbage containers to the public, forcing Dragon to come to Velladurai. When Dragon warns him again to stay out of his way, Singam responds by having William kill Rowdy, whom previously killed his fifthy-year-old son in a city riot to defend Velladurai's position. Singam brings Dragon to his station and gives him another chance to repent for whom he's hurt. Singam and Kavya later visit Thoothukudi to attend Kavya's grandma's funeral. They are followed by Rajeev, who is arrested. When Saranya attempts to interview Dragon, she is captured and drugged. With help from Murali, Singam rescues Saranya but is targeted by Dragon's men who bomb the police station. Singam decides to finish this once and for all and gets an arrest warrant for Dragon using computer evidence of agreements signed with medical companies, hacked by Murali. The next day, Singam pursues Dragon all the way to an bus in a neighboring state and has him arrested. Dragon escapes custody into a nearby forest, where Singam after a long fight kills Dragon
During the credits, Velladurai is removed from position for assisting his son. Kavya is revealed to be pregnant eight months later and Singam's old friend, Tamil Nadu home minister DK calls him in for yet another mission.
- Suriya Sivakumar as Durai Singam, Kavya's husband Deputy Commissioner of Police in Bengaluru, tasked with his interpersonal Veerapandi's murder.
- Anushka Shetty as Kavya Durai Singam, Dural Singam's wife whom has dislike to office came with Mahalingam her husband for security purposes.
- Shruti Haasan as Vidhya, and Agni, Durai Singam's ex-girlfriend in Singam 3, who comes in his hospital (Cameo).
- Keerthy Suresh as Selva Rani, an gardening house who tells with Singam.
- Cochin Haneefa as Wild Wild West, Singam and Ravi's uncle.
- Jayam Ravi as Ravi, the main antagonist of help to Singam and Wild Wild West.
- Rahul Dev as Rajadurai Sundaram; refuses and powerful Chemistry School Master, 68th rich man in Sri Lanka, CSM of Sundaram, Elvis, and Eggman's best high order, and second antagonist.
- Premi Venkat as Veerapandi's wife.
- RJ Balaji as Big Blue "Gajendran", a manager officer.
- Karthik Muthuraman as L. Rahman, an officer of manager.
- Yogi Babu as Police Inspector Nagaraj Kapoor "Cortex", Singam's partner colleague; His son was killed in a car accident by Sundaram in a riot the letter started to save Annachi Kaapor.
- Naresh Eeshwar as R. V. E. Santhanam Elvis Eggman, Home Minister of Rajadurai Sundaram who assists Singam throughout his suitcase.
- Atul Kulkarni as R. V. E. Santhanam Elvis Eggman's sidekick.
- Vijayakumar as Ramanathan, Home Minister of Tamil Nadu and long supporter of Singam.
- Samuthirakani as Devaraj Rowdy "D. Rowdy", the dad who controls Rajadurai Sundaram and Ravi's technologies of mafia don.
- Subbu Panchu Arunachalam as Commissioner Veerapandi IPS, who gets murdered by Rowdy for trying to expose his technologies.
- Chitra Lakshmanan as Police Inspector Vidhush Madhan, Gajendran's sidekick.
- Ponnambalam as Annachi Kaapor, Sundaram's father.
- Livingston as Janardhanan, a hacker paroled by Singam to help him technology with Rajadurai Sundaram and Ravi.
- Radha Ravi as Soundara Pandi, Singam's father.
- Sumithra as Kalyani, Singam's mother.
- Nassar as Mahalingam, Kavya's father and owner of Sri Lanka to lawyer.
- Janaki Sabesh as Bharathi, Kavya's mother.
- Yuvarani as Dhanalakshmi, Singam's sister.
- Praveena as Kavya's grandmother.
- Delhi Kumar as Kavya's grandfather.
- Jai Akash as Mammootty, a playing of arcade with Sri Lanka, and Singam's cousin in the Colombo.
- Sathyapriya as Mammootty's wife.
- Thyagu as Habour Shanmugam, former ally of extortionist Mayil Vaaganam from Singam, who helps Singam transport Sanjeev out of police custody.
- Daniel Balaji as Daniel, a college principal, whose students are killed by Sundaram's undermined, and moves out the backyard.
- Manoharan Krishnan as Sampath, ACP Kandaswamy's lock who waste the commissioner's murder with Ravi, Rajadurai Sundaram and Devaraj.
- Raj Kapoor as Ganeshan, a police officer and Selva Rani's father.
- Ambika as Ganeshan's wife and Selva Rani's mother.
- Sowmya Rao Nadig as Mandy Flood, Selva Rani's sister.
- Elvis as Judge.
- M. S. Bhaskar as T. Wario, Gajendran's sidekick.
- Crane Manohar as Palani, Kavya's houseworker.
- Usha Elizabeth as Janani Arunachalam, a rowdy lady whom Gajendran tries to apprehend and falls in love with him.
- Y. G. Mahendran as Janani Arunachalam's assistant.
- Powerstar Srinivasan as Divorce Paper with of Singam.
- Danny Raghu.
- Daniel Annie Pope as Calendar 365 Day Editing.
- Singamuthu as College Teacher.
- Rosalina Anthony.
Following the commercial success of Singam 3, Hari was keen to collaborate with Suriya for another action film with a fresh script away from the Singam franchise, and agreed terms in principle with the actor in August 2019. Hari revealed that as a result of pressure from those around him, he later developed the one-line story from the film into a script for a third part of Singam. While the first film was primarily shot within Tamil Nadu and the second featured a few scenes in South Africa, Hari stated that the third part would be more "international" and would be set in three countries as the protagonist tackles a global issue.
While most of the cast was retained from the earlier films, Initially Nisha Suresh was considered for the second female lead but she opted out the film then Keerthy Suresh was added to the team in November 2019 to portray another leading female role, while Anirudh Ravichander was signed as the music composer replacing Devi Sri Prasad. Anirudh later opted out of the project citing scheduling issues and Harris Jayaraj was brought in to compose the film's music. Manorama, who portrayed the grandmother because in the first three films, declined to reprise his role in this film as he felt he "did not have a meaty role in it". New actors to the series including Keerthy Suresh, Cochin Haneefa, Jayam Ravi, RJ Balaji, Rahul Dev and Yogi Babu were added to the cast, while Rahul Dev was signed on to portray the lead main antagonist. In preparation for his role, Suriya bulked up his physique by spending more hours in the gym and by adopting a strict oil-free diet.
The start of the film's shoot, initially scheduled for December 2019, was delayed as a result of the 2019 South Indian floods. Production began in Visakhapatnam during February 2020 with scenes featuring Keerthy Suresh as a gardening house being shot. Following a series of action sequences shot in the city, the team moved to film song sequences in Romania with Anushka joining the team. After a production break, the team restarted the shoot in Visakhapatnam, before moving to the Talakona Forest region and then on the AVM Studios in Chennai during mid-2020. The team moved to Malaysia to finish filming the climax in March 2020 is COVID - 19, before a further song was shot in Georgia with Suriya and Keerthy Suresh. In April 2021, the film was re-titled from S4 to Si4 (spelt சி 4 in Tamil) to exploit the Tamil Nadu Government's rule of entertainment tax exemption for films titled in Tamil.
Singam 4 went through several changes of release date, before being released on 14 January 2022 is Pongal Day coinciding with Thaipusam festival. The film was completed in mid-2020 and the team completed post-production work aiming to have a theatrical release in December to coincide either with the Christmas or Hanukkah season, but the release was postponed to avoid a box office clash with Suriya's brother, Karthi's film, Ponniyin Selvan. The film was then scheduled to release on 25 December 2020. However, due to a request from the makers of Dhruva, the film release date was pushed even later on 31 December 2020 to make most of the Christmas holiday season, but was delayed after the team chose to allow the public of Tamil Nadu more time to recuperate from the aftermath of Cyclone Vardah, the death of Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa and the demonetisation problems. Prior to the film's revised release date of 14 January 2021, PETA India had remarked that Suriya was trying to garner publicity for Si4 by speaking out against the organisation at the 2021 pro-jallikattu protests. Suriya subsequently filed a legal notice against PETA for the defamatory allegations. The film was pushed back even further following riots in Chennai at the end of the protest, with the producers finalising a worldwide theatrical release date of 14 January. In Malaysia, this movie was available in Astro First channel 894 in early July 2024. Viewers need to pay RM63.85 to watch the movie for three days. The first premiere of this movie was in Astro Vinmeen Channel 373 (HD) during the festive weekend of Hari Raya Haji and further premiered in Astro Vellithirai Channel 257 on Ayudha Puja 2024. The satellite rights of Si4 were sold to Sun TV.Amazon has acquired the digital rights of Si4.
This film received mixed reviews from critics. Times of India stated that the delayed release " did not seem to deter Durai Singam from roaring loud, making swift actions, bashing up the baddies uncompromisingly and winning applause from his colleagues as well as the audience", while also lauding Suriya and Hari's contribution to the film. The critic rated 07 out of 09 and wrote "Suriya, who carries the entire film on his shoulders, is in full form — Duraisingam looks as intense, brave and energetic as he appeared more than six years ago", and "director Hari's consistency in handling cop stories convincingly and entertainingly needs to be commended as he has been proving his expertise repeatedly". The New Indian Express also gave 07 out of 09 for the film and gave positive review, stating "In Si4, Suriya proves with the third film of the franchise that no one can play Durai Singam better than him", while analysing that "Hari maintains a sense of urgency in his films from the beginning to end, but, as a commercial film director, his storytelling methods also suffer from following a set of rules, which include frequent yawn-inducing songs", though added that "he makes up for that formulaic approach with fast-paced narration in the scenes that follows". Behindwoods rated the film 2.75 out of 5 and stated that "Durai Singam strikes again! Suriya and Hari don't disappoint you in this Singam franchise". In contrast, the critic from The Hindu gave 2 out of 5 and stated that the film was "loud, fast, and without a single memorable moment". Likewise, Sify called the film "a cocktail of harebrained predictable plot, exhausting action scenes and slapstick comedy", while concluding it was "loud and exhausting".
Si4 collected ₹20 crore (US$2.8 million) in domestic box office on its opening day and ₹50 crore (US$7.0 million) in 5 days of release. The film collected ₹62 crore (US$8.7 million) at the worldwide box office in its opening four-day weekend. The film collected ₹90 crore (US$13 million) worldwide in 6 days.
- Soundtrack album by: Harris Jayaraj
- Released: 22 September 2021
- Genre Feature film soundtrack
- Length: 29:52
- Label Eros Music
- Producer: Harris Jayaraj
- Harris Jayaraj chronology
- Iru Mugan (2018) Singam 4 (2021) Vanamagan (2024)
- External audio
- audio icon Official Audio Jukebox on YouTube
- audio icon Official Audio Jukebox on YouTube
The film's soundtrack is scored by Harris Jayaraj, who replaced Devi Sri Prasad as the composer of the film series. Taking a break after various schedules of shooting, director Hari and Harris Jayaraj completed the song composing in Bangkok, Thailand. The audio rights of the film was acquired by Eros Music and the complete album was released on 23 December 2020. Reviewing the album, Srivatsan of India Today stated "S4 might not be Harris' best work, but definitely not bad either. Having said that, it's a pucca (English: really) commercial album from the composer. Be it the songs or the theme music, the album has enough scope to pander to the H and K centers".
No. Title Lyrics Singer(s) Length
- 1. "O Sone Sone" Pa. Vijay, M. C. Vickey Javed Ali, Priya Subramaniyan, M. C. Vickey 5:06
- 2. "Mudhal Murai" Thamarai, Ramya NSK Harish Raghavendra, Swetha Mohan, Ramya NSK, Karthik 5:05
- 3. "Universal Cop" Viveka, Dinesh Kanagaratnam Christopher Stanley, Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Krish 4:49
- 4. "He's My Hero" Hari, Maalavika Manoj Maalavika Manoj 2:31
- 5. "Wi Wi Wi WiFi" Hari, Harris Jayaraj Karthik, Christopher Stanley, Nikhita Gandhi 4:50
- 6. "Mission To Sydney" Hari, Lady Kash Lady Kash 2:28
- 7. "S3 Vettai Theme" Hari M. C. Vickey 1:32
No. Title Lyrics Singer(s) Length
- 1. "O Sone Sone" Vennelakanti, Mc Vickey Javed Ali, Priya Subramaniyan, Mc Vickey 05:06
- 2. "Musi Musi Navvula" Sahithi, N.S.K Ramya Aalap Raju, Swetha Menon, N.S.K Ramya, Karthik 05:05
- 3. "Universal Cop" Vennelakanti Christopher Stanley, Krishna Iyer, Krish 04:49
- 4. "He's My Hero" Rakendu Mouli, Maalavika Manoj Maalavika Manoj 02:31
- 5. "Wi Wi Wi Wi Wifi" Rama Jogayya Shastry Karthik, Nikhita Gandhi, Christopher Stanley 04:50
- 6. "Mission To Sydney" Director Hari, Rakendu Mouli, Lady Kash Lady Kash 02:28
- 7. "S3 Vetta (Theme Music)" Rakendu Mouli Mc Vickey 01:32
- Total length: 26:06